Support for Students

School Transport

Free transport is provided for all students within the school’s catchment area who live more than three miles from the school. Some students are issued with season tickets by Pembrokeshire Education Authority for the relevant buses. Parents wishing further information should contact Pembrokeshire Education Authority, County Hall, Haverfordwest, SA61 1TP Telephone: 01437 764551

Financial Assistance

Financial assistance may be available for the following items:

Free School Meals

Clothing grants for school uniform

Education Maintenance Allowances (EMA) for post 16 students

Further details are available from Pembrokeshire Education Authority, County Hall, Haverfordwest, SA61 1TP Telephone: 01437 764551

Free School Meals

Free school meals will only be provided for pupils who receive or whose parents receive one of the following benefits:

  1. Income Support
  2. Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA). Contribution Based Jobseekers Allowance (CBJSA) does not qualify
  3. Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
  4. Child Tax Credits only, with an annual household Income of under £16,190 *
  5. Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  6. Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (IR)

Please note that if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credits in addition to any of these benefits you will not be eligible for free meals, even if your household income is below £16,190*.

* As a guide, an applicant’s annual household income is usually stated on a TC602 Tax Credits Summary/Award Notice.
Application forms are available from:

  • your childs school;
  • Pembrokeshire County Council’s Customer Service Centres at Milford Haven, Pembroke Dock, Fishguard and Haverfordwest;
  • or by telephoning 01437 764551;
  • or by writing to Revenue Services, County Hall, Haverfordwest, SA61 1TP.

If you wish to claim free school meals for more than one child, only one form needs to be submitted, even if the children are attending different schools within Pembrokeshire.

You will be required to provide current proof of qualifying benefit with the application form, even if you are applying for renewal of free meals. Free meals cannot be granted until the relevant proof of entitlement has been submitted.

Free school meals are awarded for one year and should be renewed annually. Where entitlement to free school meals expires on the last day of the Summer term, renewal applications should be returned by 31st July to ensure that they can be granted by the beginning of the Autumn term.

Medical matters

The school is fortunate to have the service of a nurse, who is closely involved, not only in the monitoring of students’ health, but also in the delivery of health education. Parents are asked to ensure that the nurse is made aware of any medical condition that may affect their chid and any medication which their child takes on a regular basis.

Pembrokeshire Education Authority periodically arranges routine medical inspections of children and immunisation programmes. Parents will be informed in advance by letter and/or appropriate consent forms.

Students taken ill at school will be made as comfortable as possible and the school nurse or a senior member of staff will decide whether to ask parents to collect their child. In urgent cases, contact may be made with the child’s G.P. or with the local hospital. In an emergency, ambulance assistance will be called and parents notified as soon as possible. For this reason, it is essential that parents ensure that the school has a current daytime telephone number at which they, or another member of the family can be reached. You can update your contact details on the contact page of the website.